4.10.2011

{Recipe} Italian Beef Dip

I am a lover of Au Jus sandwiches, but this one takes it to the next level. My girlfriend had us over for dinner and made us these sandwiches. We literally dreamt about them for weeks until I asked her for the recipe. The Italian seasonings and pepperoncinis give it just a kick of spice. My stomach is growling as I type this. Trust me-- it is that good.
The Cast of Characters
Pepperoncinis (with the juice), Italian Seasoning, Beef Consomme, Salt, Beef Broth, and a Chuck Roast. Other items needed are deli rolls and provolone cheese (but the cheese is optional).
So Easy. You just add all of the ingredients into the pot like so...
...first the beef consomme...
...next the pepperoncinis and juice...
...then the Italian seasoning...
side note: I love the taste of Italian seasonings so I put heaping amounts in it, but if you're not too sure just stick to the measuring spoon amount. I could have a love affair with it so I do heaps.
...salt...
...and lastly, the chuck roast. Put into the oven and bake at 275 degrees for 4.5-5 hours until fork tender. After it's done, you remove and shred the meat, strain the juices and place the meat back into the strained juices. Serve the shredded meat on top of the buttered, toasted bread. At this point you could add the cheese and return it to the broiler to melt, but we don't do the cheese in our house. I don't think it needs it. Don't get me wrong, we LOVE cheese around these parts, but in this recipe I just love the meat flavor so much I don't want anything interrupting it.

As much as I love the taste of this beef dip sandwich, the thing I love most is that is takes all of 5 minutes to prepare and it gives me more time to spend with these two rugrats.
My mouth is watering... good thing I have left overs.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling on my keyboard, this looks so good & easy!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...